Important News if You Rent Out Your House

Do you rent out your house for short-term rental?  Day use ... weekends ...a couple weeks at a time?  If so, you need to be aware of the following:

On 5/19/15, the Dingman Township Zoning Ordinance was amended to regulate the short-term rental of private residences. All short-term rentals whether done through a web service such as AirBnB and HomeAway or through independent transactions will be affected.

Existing Rentals -  If you currently are renting your property for short-term rentals, you must acquire a Certificate of Non-Conforming Use prior to August 24, 2015 in order to have the short-term rental use of the property "grandfathered in".

New Rentals - If you wish to start renting the house for short-term use, you will need to obtain a zoning permit and meet the requirements of the ordinance.

The new regulations may be found in section 438 of the Zoning Ordinance and are termed Transient Residential Uses.  The regulations were enacted because of problems within the Township and neighboring municipalities and are intended to reduce the number of conflicts between the renters and neighboring property owners.

Note:  This regulation does not apply to any existing Inn, Motel, or Bed & Breakfast facility for which a zoning permit was previously issued nor house leases that become the lessee's home address.

Click Here to obtain a Certificate of Non-Conforming Use Application