Pike County, Pennsylvania
Bridge Property to Be Donated to Dingman Township
On August 8, 2007 it was publicly announced that life long Dingman Township resident, Charlie Bridge will be donating his land to Dingman Township. The 300 acre tract, just off US Route 6, has been in the Bridge family since the family bought it from the Pinchot family in 1838.
In announcing the gift, the Supervisors noted that Mr. Bridge was one of the original members of the Dingman Township Planning Commission where he was active in the visioning and preparation of many of the Township's land use ordinances.
Mr. Bridge is currently working to have a conservation easement applied to the property through the North American Land Trust to ensure that the property is never developed. When the easement process is completed, the land will be formally handed over to the Township.
The nature of the property lends itself to more rustic forms of recreation. Hiking and cross country skiing trails are anticipated to be among the first uses to be established by the Township.
The Dingman Township Board of Supervisors intends to name the new park the Cornelia and Florence Bridge Preserve in honor of Mr. Bridge's mother and wife.
Both Mr. Bridge and the Board of Supervisors agreed that much is owed to Attorney John H. Klemeyer and Davis R. Chant who both spent a great amount of time preparing for the property transfer.