Scarecrows in the Park
3rd Annual Scarecrow Contest
Now’s your chance to get your creative juices flowing. Join the
fun and build your own scarecrow. You can enter as an individual,
business or club. It’s free to enter. You just need to follow a few
simple rules. You may enter as many scarecrows as you please.
$100.00 OVERALL BEST OF SHOW
EACH CATEGORY WILL HAVE
1. Scarecrows must be dropped off September 24, 2016 between 8:00 & 10:00 am at
2. Scarecrows must be in good taste and not offensive. Gruesome, bloody or especially scary entries will be disqualified. This contest is family friendly.
Categories for judging:
Funniest; Anything from billy goats to dancing football players
Famous Character: Real or fictitious from modern day or historic
Farmers Finest: Original crop saving figures.
3. Scarecrows must be durable and be able to stand up to sun, wind and rain.
4. You are allowed props like pumpkins, corn stalks, hay bales etc.
5. Please fill out the following application and either drop it off or mail it to:
Applications must be received by September 19, 2016. Please call 570-296-8455
if you have questions.
SCARECROW CONTEST APPLICATION
Your name: ____________________________________
Phone: _______________ Cell:________________
Category: □ Funniest □ Famous Character □ Farmers Finest
Entry’s Name: ____________________________________
In consideration of the acceptance of my participation in the Scarecrow Contest, I, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound, I for myself, my family members, employees, agents, heirs and assigns, executors, and administrators, hereby waive and release any and all claims which I or they might have against Dingman Township, Dingman Township Board of Supervisors, Dingman Township Parks and Recreation Commission, their officers, employees, volunteers and participants as a result of my participation in the above program. I further agree to indemnify Dingman Township, its officers, employees and volunteers and hold them harmless against claims made against it or them as a result of my participation in the above program. I agree that Dingman Township and the Parks and Recreation Commission may take and use photographs of my entry for any purpose. I also agree to the terms and conditions set forth on these pages.